Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Bauhaus Effect

Below are some posters I did for Sir Speedy Printing that were inspired by the Bauhaus school of design.  My goal was to see how I could combine the Sir Speedy logo with fresh textures, and stay true to the Bauhaus style.  Ultimately I cheated, and abandoned Sir Speedy's typical font for the Bauhaus 93 font.

As a design theme the Bauhaus style might be a little played out, but I still like what I came up with.  Since I love drawing so much I'm a little bummed that the designs didn't include more illustrative features.  I had other design ideas I wanted to do that included drawing, but unfortunately I ran out of steam. 

If you look closely you'll notice that I did still manage to sneak some pencil marks in there for texture, which is funny because Sir Speedy is a printing company that has little to do with drawing.

So far all my posters have been coming out pretty dark.  Maybe the next time I should lighten it up a bit.

Whatever it's my blog and I can do whatever I want.

And again, I hope Sir Speedy digs the designs.




Here is a second version without the large red text.  I love the beauty of just the pencil marks.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...