Sunday, January 17, 2010

Stolen moments

Throughout the busy day I find myself doodling on whatever is available, I try to keep post-its near by for this purpose. The ideas come to me in free form, and often I do not know what I am drawing until I am almost finished. Below are examples of sketches I make during stolen moments.






These watercolors are a little more than a sketch on a post-it, but essentially made through the same process of doodling. Some of my best ideas I think up when I am not trying to, and doodling during the free moments between busy hours helps me be more creative. While doing these watercolors I thought of a great way to approach a project I am working on; a children's book that I am having a lot of trouble visualizing. But that is another post. For now, doodle away!

1 comment:

sharleen higa said...

Wow... I think the Post-its idea is really cool. I could imagine this being an awesome book (a travelogue would be interesting) or gallery project. I'd love to see more of these as you make them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...