Monday, April 19, 2010

Good ol' General Custer

Here is a drawing I made a little while ago from this great book about the American West I found at my parents house. I came across a photograph of General Custer and I just had to sketch it in my moleskine. Then I threw some watercolor on there for good measure.

General Custer is famous for his blunder at the Battle of Little Bighorn, yet before that he was considered an American Hero for his exploits during the Civil War. If Custer hadn't gotten himself killed he may even have become a president (There was talk of him being nominated Democratic presidential candidate). Just think how different history would have been if that happened.

1 comment:

androidwilsonx said...

Often times I feel like General Custer, full of good intentions and yet attacked from all sides.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...