Saturday, April 24, 2010

Gotta Love the Weekend

Life as a high school art teacher is never easy, and this week was extra monotonous. It's that time of year when teachers and students are just plain worn out. The sky is blue and everyone just wants to go out and play. Throw open house, and some meetings into the mix and you get one beat down teacher. By the time I got to friday my mind was wandering along with my students' and everyone was yawning.

There is always something magical about the last period bell on Friday. Even as a teacher I still get excited to hear it ring. It means two days of no school, it means two days of freedom. I can't wait for Summer. Is it wrong for a teacher to think that way?

In the spirit of Freedom here are some drawings of Pirates doing whatever the hell they please. Gotta love the weekend.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...